Reporting to the Director of Accounting, the Staff Accountant will play a key role in the day-to-day accounting activities of the Company. Additionally, this position provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data as well as by preparing reports. The ideal candidate will be positive, team-oriented, and motivated to take their career to the next level.
- Prepare and record journal entries by compiling and analyzing transaction information.
- Maintain accounts payable ledgers and monitor P&L accounts to ensure correct coding of AP items.
- Assist with monthly closing, including account reconciliations.
- Internal reporting, including balance sheet and income statement variance analysis
- Drive process improvements by identifying and developing more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Completing additional projects and ad hoc reporting as dictated by the needs of the business.
- Serve as a backup to other accounting team members as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- One to two (1-2) years of accounting/general-ledger experience including all aspects of month-end close is preferred, but not required.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel. Intermediate to advanced Excel skills required to create reports and analysis.
- Knowledge of Access preferred.
- Embodies a positive, helpful attitude and is driven to provide exceptional support.
- Able to work independently.
- 20 Days Paid Time Off
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) and 401(k) Employer Match