Posted in Inside Impact | Posted by Impact Partnership
5 Ways to Show Appreciation to Our Veterans
Posted on May 25, 2017
Showing appreciation for our troops isn’t just for Memorial and Veteran’s Day – we should do it all year round! Think about your client base and remember those that served in the military or are currently serving — what can you do to honor them? Below are 5 quick, easy, and meaningful ways that you and your staff can show appreciation to those clients who are veterans.
- Say “Thank You.” A simple phone call or handwritten note to your veteran clients will make them feel special and appreciated. Take 10 minutes out of your day to write a few quick notes or make a couple of phone calls to your clients to let them know you appreciate the sacrifices they’ve made for our country.
- Donate to a veteran-friendly charity in honor of one of your clients. Typically, after a donation is made to an organization in someone’s honor, that organization will send out a note to the honored individual letting them know that a donation was made. You should also send your client a simple note saying that you made the donation and that you appreciate their service and business. There is no need to include the amount donated. Please check with your compliance team for your state’s gifting limits.
- Host a coupon drive at your office. Did you know military families can use coupons for up to six months after their printed expiration date? Collect coupons from your clients and send them to a military base with a thank you note. Go a step further and have your clients sign a card when they drop off their coupons.
- Request that an American flag be flown over the U.S. Capitol in D.C. in honor of a client on their birthday or anniversary. Simply visit the website of one of your senators or representatives, fill out a quick form, and send your payment. Make sure to request the flag at least 3–6 weeks prior to the date you wish to have it flown. Click here to find out more details about this truly unique and special honor.
- Host a client appreciation lunch in honor of all your veteran clients and their families. Consider having your clients bring friends and family members that are veterans as well and have them share stories of the time they served in the military.
Although we can never truly thank our troops enough for their sacrifice, a simple gesture can go a long way in showing gratitude.