Posted on September 8, 2016
There are a number of ways to show your clients you appreciate them: dinners, wine tastings, movie premieres, etc. Why not take a chance and step outside the box by adding some friendly competition to the mix?
We live in a country where fans bleed their favorite football team’s colors. Whether it’s black and red or purple and yellow, the rivalries run deep. Fall’s favorite pastime is here, so grab your pom-poms, check your favorite team’s schedule, and host a tailgate for your clients!
There are a few things to consider when planning this type of event:
- Budget: Establishing how much you want to spend will help with the rest of the planning process. Plan to host about 30 clients and prospects (no more than 40). This ensures good attendance but is small enough for personal interaction. Also, be sure to check your current State Statutes for any gifting limits.
- Location: For the optimal fan experience, try to plan the event at or near a stadium. If a stadium is not conveniently located near you, look for bars or restaurants that have a private room or recreational space with a television. Some restaurants will offer a “tablegating” option during football season.
- Theme: Small details can make a big difference, so decorate accordingly! Choose cups, utensils, tablecloths, pom-poms, etc., that reflect the home team or team you’re supporting, and be sure to wear your team’s colors. Encourage your guests to come dressed and ready to cheer as well.
- Food: Depending on the number of attendees, serve an array of appetizers for the start of the game. When halftime approaches, serve the main courses and side dishes.
- Invitations: Just like most marketing initiatives, Impact will help design the invitation for you using the theme you choose or team you support. We suggest sending out the invitations a month prior to the event to ensure a good number of RSVPs.
There is an in-depth, step-by-step guide on Impact’s online resource, www.ImpactPartnerOnline.com. This guide has extra details for each step that will help you plan the perfect event and ensure all of your guests have a great time.
Call your marketing manager today to talk through strategy and timing of the event so that you can get your perfect tailgate into your fall marketing mix today!