Posted in Marketing | Posted by Impact Partnership
It’s Office Spring Cleaning Time!
Posted on March 16, 2017
Reading Time: 2 minutes
I’m sure many of you have experienced this scenario:
You return to your office with a stack of paper from a meeting. Instead of filing it away, you dump it into a drawer or put it on top of another stack of paper teetering on the corner of your desk. Then, you head to your next meeting, only to be handed more paper. You return to your office. It’s a disaster.
Outside of our homes, we spend most of our time in our offices. And just like your home, an organized, clean space is a happier, more efficient one that leaves a good impression with those who enter. Workplace organization also helps with:
- Efficiency and accuracy. A clean and organized office helps employees focus on their tasks and do their jobs more effectively. A few minutes searching for something adds up over time, so having what is needed at their fingertips can improve employee efficiency.
- Reducing germs. A clean environment helps promote better health. Dirt, germs, dust, etc., can contribute to colds, influenza, other viruses, asthma, and allergies. Cleaning up those common work surfaces, break rooms, and bathrooms will have a long-term positive effect on employee health.
If you’re looking at your office, scratching your head and asking, “Where do I begin?” all you have to do is make a simple, three-step plan:
- Identify what needs to be done and list tasks in order of priority.
- Simplify the list. Tasks that can be accomplished quickly and easily will give you a sense of instant gratification, so do those first!
- Label documents and get rid of what you don’t need. Not only can keeping too many documents lying around cause disarray but also anxiety when you have to rifle through stacks of paper in search of an important document you need immediately. The good news is that clearing your space doesn’t have to be laborious; add some fun into organizing by hosting a shredding party! Invite clients and prospects to securely dispose of unwanted documents over refreshments.
For more information on how to organize your office like a pro or to plan a shredding party, contact your marketing manager.